Improves intestinal transit for a more pleasant daily life!
Acidophilus maintains a favorable environment for the absorption of food, encourages the balance of intestinal microflora and promotes the proper functioning of the intestinal system. Our Probiotic Acidophilus contains over 100 million active Lactobacillus Acidophilus during manufacture.
The effects of probiotics:
- Treating and preventing infectious diarrhea.
- Prevent diarrhea caused by antibiotic treatment, relapses of ulcerative colitis, recurrence of Clostridium difficile infections and pouchitis. Relieve symptoms of irritable bowel syndrome.
- Prevent nosocomial gastrointestinal infections or infections associated with medical treatment, diarrhea caused by radiotherapy, atopic eczema in children at risk. Treat atopic eczema in children. Stimulate the immune system. Treat (in conjunction with conventional treatment) Helicobacter pylori infections.
- Prevent travelers' diarrhea, treat vaginal infections or prevent their recurrence. Treat Crohn's disease (in conjunction with conventional treatment).
- Prevent and treat travellers' diarrhea, diarrhea associated with tube feeding, treat acute diarrhea, aid in the treatment of acne.
What are probiotics?
Probiotics are beneficial microorganisms that colonize the intestinal and vaginal flora. Their presence makes it possible in particular to counter the proliferation of harmful micro-organisms which can, for example, cause infectious diarrhea or vaginitis. Probiotics also aid in the digestion of food. More specifically, it has been established that fermented milk products such as yogurt facilitate the digestion of lactose, especially in people who are intolerant to it. Supplements of certain probiotics, notably lactobacilli, also have this effect, but to a lesser degree.
In a healthy organism, the digestive tract is colonized by approximately 100,000 billion bacteria belonging to 400 different species. 30 to 40 species of these bacteria represent 99% of the flora which forms a stable ecosystem essential to the maintenance of good health. An infection, a disease or a deficiency of the immune system can unbalance this ecosystem, but it is probably the taking of antibiotics which constitutes the most virulent aggression. Diarrhea is usually the first symptom of an imbalance in the intestinal flora.
Probiotics work through three main mechanisms:
- The first is to modulate the activity of the intestinal immune system. They improve immunity when it is weak, for example when the immune system is developing in children or when it is aging in the elderly. They also reduce overactivation of the immune system, especially in cases of allergies or inflammatory bowel disease.
- Secondly, probiotics increase the barrier function of the intestinal mucosa, for example by increasing the production of mucus or IgA type antibodies.
- Finally, probiotics have direct antimicrobial effects, mainly by inhibiting the invasion of pathogenic bacteria and their adhesion to the intestinal walls.
Lactic acid bacteria are among the main probiotics.Their generic name comes from the fact that they have the property of producing lactic acid They include, in particular, lactobacilli (bacteria of the genus Lactobacillus), bifidobacteria (bacteria of the genus Bifidus) and streptococci (bacteria of the genus Streptococcus) . It is bacteria of this type that are generally used in the production of yogurt (Lactobacillus bulgaricus, Streptococcus thermophilus), sauerkraut, lactofermented vegetables and salami (Lactobacillus plantarum, extract from classic bread sourdough).
*Achievable results and time frames vary from individual to individual and cannot be guaranteed..
1 capsule daily with meal.
100 million active Lactobacillus Acidophilus
Other Ingredients: Rice powder, gelatin, maltodextrin, silica, vegetable magnesium stearate.